lb. Chinese or Japanese eggplant. Cubed in 1/2"
2-3medium fresh chopped tomatoes. Or
1/2 -3/4 cup ground Canned tomatoes with jalapeno.
1/2 cup chopped cilantro.
Sauté 1-2 Tbl spn. Madras Masala. Add
chopped/cubed fresh tomatoes. Cover and cook until soft (about 2-4minutes)
OR add Canned tomatoes. Add cubed Chinese eggplant. Cover and cook until eggplant is firm but soft
on LOW HEAT.
Adjust salt lemon juice and hotness with cayenne pepper. Garnish with
cilantro & serve.
- With this spice eggplant or eggplant and red potatoes
also turns out good. Cook potatoes for few minute before adding
eggplant as potatoes take longer to cook. Or cut potatoes smaller then
- Make sure you take enough oil to roast the Masala
as it will release flavors.
- Canned tomatoes with jalapeno works the best.
Grind canned tomatoes, in food processor for smoother sauce before
adding to sautéed Madras Masala. You do not have to cook tomatoes just
add cubed eggplant and follow rest of the direction.
- Adjust water per taste. If you want thin sauce
then add water.
- Add Masala to your taste. For heavy flavor add